- Community Services
- Utility Billing
- Understanding Your Bill
Understanding Your Bill
Utility bills from the City of Allen make it easy to understand and track your water usage over a 12-month period. See an explanation of your bill.
Allen utility customers are divided into four billing cycles, each with a different due date. Meters are read and bills are sent monthly. Due dates are clearly marked on each bill.
The water charge is based on actual usage per unit (unit = 1,000 gallons). In order to encourage conservation, the per unit charge (unit = 1,000 gallons) increases at higher volumes of usage.
The sewer charge is a per-unit charge based on meter size and the amount of water used during the billing period. Sewer charges on residential accounts are billed based on water consumption.
Waste Services (Trash/Recycling Collection)
Weekly residential trash and recycling services are provided by Community Waste Disposal (CWD) and billed by the City of Allen. Service is activated automatically when residents begin water service. Allen residents are required to use City-provided trash and recycling services. Refer to the Trash & Recycling Guidelines for more details.
Household Hazardous Waste Fee
City of Allen collects household hazardous waste from Allen residents. View accepted HHW items. Items suitable for reuse are available to residents free of charge at the Allen Chemical Reuse Center.
Residential customers are charged a monthly fee for storm drain repair and maintenance. Non-residential drainage fees are calculated based on total acreage as it relates to impervious coverage.
Explanation of Your Statement
- Account Number: identifies your metered account number
- Bill Date: shows the date the bill was sent
- Cycle: identifies which of the four billing cycles you are on
- Due Date: payment is due prior to 5 p.m. on the date shown, which is 20 days after bill date
- Pay and After: this section shows the amount due if payment is received after the due date defined
- Service Period: identifies the period of water use and total number of days in the cycle for which you are being billed
- Total Current Charges: shows charges for current billing cycle, past due amount, total due, and the date due
- Usage: shows the total gallons of water used this cycle. The number represents hundreds of gallons. (A usage of 22 is 2,200 gallons.) The second number shows the previous year’s usage for the same month
- Summary of Charges: shows the service, consumption and charge for each item being billed
- Sales tax is charged on the Waste Service only. Waste Service includes trash and recycling collection.