City of Allen Swim Team (COAST)
City of Allen Swim Team (COAST) is part of the Texas Amateur Athletic Federation (TAAF) and sponsored by Access Counseling. All registered COAST swimmers have the option to compete in five weekly meets as well as Regionals (typically on Saturdays) with other area TAAF teams. Qualified participants have the opportunity to advance to the TAAF State Games of Texas! Note: To participate in COAST, swimmers must set up a tryout with Head Coach Tia McVey.
- Registration update: COAST winter sessions are now full. If you'd like to join the waiting list, sign up in ActiveNet
2021 Winter Swim Team Schedule
|Session||Day and Time|
|Session One (Full) - Join waitlist
||Monday and Wednesday, 6 - 7 p.m.|
|Session Two (Full) - Join waitlist||Monday and Wednesday, 7 - 8 p.m.|
|*2021 Winter Session is Aug. 30 - Dec. 15|
- To accommodate busy schedules, families signing up multiple children may choose for all children to swim at the same time regardless of age. However, we highly recommended choosing times based on the appropriate age group to ensure participants are adequately pushed to excel with the proper training.
- Winter Games: Any COAST swimmers interested may participate in the TAAF Winter Games held every January. Information is distributed to stroke clinic participants and through the COAST email list.
- COAST spring training is offered twice a week for 45 minutes.
- COAST registration begins in early March when summer registration opens for all City programming. You can sign up at Don Rodenbaugh Natatorium. New participants are encouraged to sign up in person for an overview of the program and to ensure all questions are answered.
- The COAST summer swim team practices Monday through Friday following the last week of school for Allen Independent School District. COAST practice times vary each year.
Texas Amateur Athletic Federation (TAAF) Rules
- All swimmers must adhere to TAAF rules regarding off-season practice. See Article 23 of the TAAF Swimming Manual of Procedures for more information.