Temporary event/use permits are required for seasonal or temporary events such as p
Submit all permit applications using the Citizen Self-Service (CSS) portal
At least 14 days prior to the event, use the CSS portal to submit the following:
- Temporary Event/Temporary Use Permit
- Site plan complying with the Allen Land Development Code
- Health Permit application, if selling food
- Copy of sales tax permit, if applicable
The application must be signed by the property owner or business holding the event. Applicants are limited to two special/temporary events per year.
If the event includes a tent, you must specify the size on your application.
- If an enclosed tent is over 200 square feet, it must be fire retardant certified (proof of certificate required)
- If the tent canopy (cover) is over 400 square feet, it must be fire retardant certified (proof of certificate required)
Cost for special event permits is $100. This fee is waived for all charitable, religious, educational and public service organizations. The organization must submit the application and operate the event for the fee to be waived.