- Public & Media Relations
- Website Link Policy
Website Links Policy
The City of Allen website contains links to other sites and resources as a convenience to the viewer. The City of Allen is not responsible for and accepts no liability for the availability of these outside resources. Linked websites are neither under the control
Viewers should also be aware the City of Allen is not responsible for the privacy practices of those websites when linked to them through the city's website. Viewers must be aware that when they leave the city's website via links to other sites, the information found is beyond the scope of city control. These other sites may send their own cookies to users, collect data or solicit personal information. Viewers should read the privacy statements on these linked websites. The City of Allen's privacy statement pertains only to the website under its sole control.
The purpose of the City of Allen website is to promote the programs, services, policies and objectives of the City of Allen. The city reserves the right to refuse any website link or to delete or remove links already posted at any time, without notice.
Requests for External Links
Any request for an external link will undergo review to determine its relevance and appropriateness, using the following criteria:
The city will consider providing a link to the following types of websites:
- A city board, commission or committee
- A community organization that receives funding from the City of Allen
- A federal, state or local governmental agency or public school
- Agencies, organizations, and companies sponsoring or otherwise participating in city events and activities
- Companies and organizations that provide life-sustaining, public safety and public health information
- Companies or non-profit organizations that provide a public service to the community
The city will not consider providing a link to the following types of websites:
- Adult material not related to health education
- Businesses or non-profit organizations unless they fit any of the criteria stated above
- Individual or personal websites
- Political campaigns and endorsements
- Political organizations or other organizations advocating or opposing a local, state or federal issue or ballot proposal
- Promotion of illegal materials or information, such as hate speech or obscene content
- Religious organizations for the promotion of religious information; general community events and public service programs offered or hosted by religious organizations may be linked in relevant areas of the city's website similar to the assessment made for the inclusion of other non-profit organizational events and programs.
Private Website Advertisements
Certain private websites to which the City of Allen may provide an external link may include advertising or promotional material in the information display. The City of Allen is neither responsible for nor supports or promotes such advertising.
Links to the city's website must not be made within frames or otherwise present the city's content as that of another site. Any link to the city's site should be a full-forward link that passes through the client browser to the city's site unencumbered. Although content on the city's website is public information, the City of Allen maintains and will defend a copyright interest in these pages.
Do not link directly to individual graphics or tables within the city's websites, especially in an effort to place the downloading burden on the city's server. Such action may be considered a misuse of city resources. Contact the City of Allen Public and Media Relations Office at 214.509.4153 to get permission to use a copy of city's graphics on external websites.